View Single Post
Old 11-28-2010, 03:35 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Planet Cobra to Sell Genuine 427 Shelby Cobra replica at 3rd Annual Barrett-Jackson Las Vegas Auction
September/2010PLANET COBRA TO SELL GENUINE 427 SHELBY COBRA REPLICA AT 3RD ANNUAL BARRETT-JACKSON LAS VEGAS AUCTION

Simple: It's a genuine Shelby Cobra replica, or if you prefer, kit. A car sold without a motor or transmission by Shelby American. Unlike the originals which were completed vehicles and marketed through Ford. Such wording would immediately clear up any confusion as to what the product being offered for sale actually is. A by-product of this policy, if followed by Shelby American, would make it much more difficult for dealers to try and pass off a replica as a real 1960's vintage Cobra.

This total honesty approach would ultimately reward Shelby American with an increased respect within the market place and in turn, an increase in sales. It would be a good step in healing the grievous wounds that have been inflicted on it's reputation by years of law suits and by years of controversy. Many people WANT to believe in Shelby, WANT to be proud of the man and his product. I believe the people would welcome such a refreshing approach with open arms. I know I would! But the continual "slick willy" sales approach, the denial of reality (as expressed by the trademark court) makes that difficult for ALL concerned.

Be proud of the product for what it is, a genuine Shelby Cobra "kit", there is no shame in that, embrace it! Shelby really can compete with the best the industry has to offer in terms of replica's and kit's. It really can stand on it's own. It's future respect can be increased accordingly. And that's just good business.