View Single Post
Old 12-10-2010, 07:24 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Sold my EM.
Not Ranked     

John,
Here are some thoughts about the matter of choosing between retro and modern. It seems to me that the biggest difference in external appearance between modern cars (like the Ferrari) and retro cars (like the Kellison) is aerodynamics. The old cars were intended to look fast without having any actual aerodynamic data to back that up. The new cars with computer designed air dams, spoilers, difusers and belly pans really are fast. It would seem to me that to do a modern interpretation of a Kellison style car, you would have to either do a lot of aerodynamic study, or add on some aero gizmos to give the impression the car was well thought out aerodynamically. My concern if I were to do that is that the finished product would either look too busy or just look strange. I personally think a retro car design on a modern platform is more appealing than a car that looks modern but doesn't really have the engineering behind it to be in the same class with truly modern cars like a new Corvette.
"Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity." - Hanlon's Razor