Old 12-11-2010, 02:11 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: West Coast Dreams
Not Ranked     
Default Thanks for the input.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FWB View Post
on the west coast chances are its not the pump causing overheating.
the hose configuration seems to be wrong from the factory.
kitcarb (another member) had some issues too and changed the small hose configuration with good results. not to say there may be issues with the wieand pump, but i've noticed other WCC owners with similar issues with other than wieand pumps. check with kitcarb to see if he can tell you what he did, i don't recall the exact fix he did.

Fred
My crank pulley is 6-1/4" and my WP pulley is 5-1/4". Fan is pull and shrouded. I have since replaced the fan blade with an "S" design to ramp the max air to 3K CFM. I'm going to put on a water fill in the radiator hose to make it easier to fill and also look at putting in an air purge on the water neck.

Fred, Thanks for the info. I wrote Kitcarbp a note asking the question.

Rick, Thanks for the input. I figured from posts on "460Ford.com" that the 460 has tendencies to run hot and in traffic it might be a problem. When I broke in my car (which probably is not all the way finished) it did run hot and I had to shut it down and ran it a couple of times up to 220 or so before I shut her off. The temps just kept going up. I made sure I put in a Zinc treatment for the cam break in. I did turn it about 2000 or higher RPM's during that time. I'm hoping that the cam is all set to go. I ran it for the last time and the temps were around 200. I only idled it at that time and it did climb up to about 200 and seemed to stay there. At this point the engine bay is wide open no body on yet. I was looking at the aux pump to give a little more emergency cool if I cruise in hot weather or got caught in stop and go traffic on the way from the beach. Way overkill I guess. I'm going to replace the Wieand with an Edelbrock. That seems like the thing most people agree on.

Thanks,
Xack