View Single Post
Old 12-12-2010, 04:06 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Professional Cobra & Streetrod Builder
Send a message via AIM to Double Venom
Not Ranked     

TC Cobra,
Your post deserves a rightful answer as I asked myself that same question a lot. Let's call the "do-er" John. John couldn't figure it out either until he replayed the scenario in real time; Spindles mounted and lightly greased, bearings hand packed..... then while all the delegated parts where laid out on a clean sheet of masking paper, he simply dropped the bearings into the sleeve which was facing upwards. Only this time backwa from normal. He then picked up the spindle and assembled it to the spindle. Back bearing and seal were fine, the assembly stayed in place. Now the glitch, not realizing the cup/race was holding the outer bering in reverse slid it in place. The chamfered edge caught the rioter just right and stared out square. Put the nut on the spindle and stated torqueing it down. john stated it was a little hard but nothing major. When he had the whole assembly tight he put the dust cap on and spun the wheel normally.

Easy to do once you see it done! The rest as parts, repair bill, push the car back & forth- set the appointment for alignment! Good thing we have a build in "Checks and balances" on these cars is/are a good thing