View Single Post
Old 12-14-2010, 08:52 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: West Coast Dreams
Not Ranked     
Default More info.

The thermostat is a 160 which I gutted by hacksawing off the brackets. Its just there to seal against the O-Ring in my water neck. I was experimenting to increase flow. It's a high flow now. I understand what your saying about decreasing flow to allow the inlet temps to cool down. That just wil mean that the water stays in the engine longer. I've heard both sides of this. I'm on the side of increasing flow and improving the fan flow in the radiator. I did modify my fan which should improve things. I found that the fan blade was a pusher installed as a puller. The cupping on the blades was backwards. There was flow, but restricted through the radiator. Since then I have replaced the fan with an "S" blade which pulls higher CFM's, and it's temp controlled. I recently talked to Don Mezeire who helped me with understanding a potential problem I may have with the plumbing on my Coolant expansion tank. It seems from the manufacturer it has flow problems which may indeed be preventing the air from being pushed out of the engine block. I will send you photos if you'd like so you can see better what I'm dealing with.
Attached Images