View Single Post
Old 12-16-2010, 05:07 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 289FIA 2131, 331 stroker by Dan Dalena with 48 IDAs by Jim Inglese, AC Cars AC8 "Rosso Chiaro" (PPG Nexa code FG39) by Connecticut Custom
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkb289 View Post
I concur with Peter as well … the Powered by Ford badges are very cool and I would go with them. Are you going with or without Cobra or AC badges on the 'bonnet and boot' ? I believe the FIA cars did not have them, correct?

For 2136 I plan on the fender badges but will pass for the moment on the Cobra badges on the hood and trunk. Would like to use an ERA badge, if they are ever produced. Hope my car is next in the queue
I'm going to pass on the Cobra logo badges on the front and back. Some FIA/USRRC cars had no badges at all, some had all four badges, and some had just the "Powered by Ford" badges. So any of those three combinations can be claimed to be "correct". I copied the dash of CSX 2557 and 2558: both of those cars had just the "Powered by Ford" badges, so I will probably add them to be consistent. One detail I passed on that all the FIA/URSSC cars had was the bungee cord holes below the trunk handle. Can always add them if I change my mind.