View Single Post
Old 12-17-2010, 04:58 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Smile Transmission talk

Hi fellow car guys,
For those who don't know me I'm Mike Forte of Forte's Parts Connection in Framingham Massachusetts. On Dec 27, I will start my 30th year of continuous business. During those 29 years, I've specialized in manual transmission sales & service. In early 1982 I became a Warehouse distributor for Doug Nash Engineering. That was the begining of selling new DNE 5 speeds and new T-10 4 speeds too. I would order 20-40 per month and at the time only stocking WD for these transmissions. McLeod, Ram, Zoom & Lakewood were more manufacturers I stocked parts for. It was in 1990 when DNE has been purchased by Richmond Gear which I still sell.
In 1992 while at the SEMA show I stopped at a booth with the Tremec 3550 on display. After seeing the 3550 for the first time I said it will bolt onto a GM bellhousing. Within a few months I had a Ford 3550 bolted to a stock GM bellhousing in my 68 Z-28 Camaro.
Now I'm an one of twelve Elite Distributors for Tremec and stock the T-5, TKO & T-56 Magnum transmissions.
That was a long time ago. Since then I developed the firewall adjustable clutch quadrant kit and so many external billet slave & fork clutch release assemblies for many applications. Much more reliable than an aftermarket hydraulic release throw out bearing.

I welcome questions on any classic car, hot rod or Cobra applications.

Thanks for your interest and I look forward to any questions about problems or transmission packages & quotes.

Mike Forte
Forte's Parts Connection
mikeforte302@gmail.com
508 875 0016 days

781 248 8946 nites & weekends