View Single Post
Old 12-26-2010, 04:13 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: A&C 67 427 cobra SB
Not Ranked     

Most of us Cobra junkies have a too much ain't enough mentality. A few people come along and buy what us nuts love and they end up hating the car. So, it depends on what you want.

Although I agree the cam is too small for my taste, here is what I would expect from it. First I'm more of a couch hot rodder and no expert. If you had good flowing heads, I would expect that cam to idle very smooth. It should start making good torque not far above idle and pull strong to at least 3500 maybe 4000 rpm if the heads flow real good. BY 5000 rpm I would expect it to be out of breath. I would guess the Hp to peak around 5000 rpm. With good heads that engine should make 650 lb-ft of torque. The cam pretty much decides where in the rpm range the torque will be made.

With that many cid, it would not be a dog, you just wouldn't reach the full potential of what you could have with a different cam. With that much engine, the car would be easier to drive than the radical stuff most go with. So be honest with yourself on what you would like.

Last edited by olddog; 12-26-2010 at 06:48 PM..