Thread: Upgrades
View Single Post
Old 01-19-2002, 10:11 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Roadsters, Tweaked 351W, T-5Z, CRII Tech Support Team.
Not Ranked     
Default Upgrades

DV,

Could you please e-mail me your photo shoot of the muffler replacement? (jwalsh21@ix.netcom.com) Ordered Powerpack bullets in 2 1/2" x 4" x 30". Should be working on them next weekend.

Upper control arms. Using Heidts tubular. They slide and I can't keep them aligned. Step one, I suppose, is clean off the paint, stipple the frame with a center punch, file the serrations on the shaft sharp and that might be enough. Option 1, install stop bolt brackets to hold the shaft in place. All FFR's seem to be doing this. Common problem with MII, and MII like upper control arms. Option 2. Pole Position makes a "D" adjustable upper control arm for MII that can be installed in a fixed position, and be adjusted at the arm. Anybody try these? Clearance problems?

Putting rubber strut rod bushings back in (taking urethane back out) and see if it softens up front suspension. The solution to this is replace lower arms with strutless. Unit has to be triangulated. Whose lower arms do you use? RCC and Pole Position has, but both need modification. Coil over mount needs to be dropped like current RCC lower, and strut rod mount needs to be retained to mount CR sway bar.

Working with Koni tech support to find Koni coil over for front. Let you know if successful.