View Single Post
Old 01-02-2011, 04:31 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Default Tires

Hey Beejay... Dunno about classes and tyres as much as most.... probably best to ask the relevant officials about all that class type stuff.. I'm always in the no rules end section so I know where I pretty much stand... Lol

Towmaster... not so much interested in them as much myself but giving fellow forumers some info that they may not be aware of... My understanding is the DOT tyres don't make em necessarily street legal. Hoosy R6, Kumho V710 and the Goody's wouldn't be street legal IMO but others can clarify...

From the info I've been reading and talking to guys about in the states etc.... a grooved slick for time attack/sprint type work will give you better result as they come up to temp far quicker AND their life cycle is far greater as you get far more heat cycles out of these types of tyres....

I'm yet to find a source of Michy Slicks that can match prices and sizes to a Hoosy R6 for example. My "mate", Matt Kingsly can get me new Michy's for about $600 a CORNER!!!!!! I could get new R6's for $275 a corner if I wanted to.

Amazingly, I see heaps of guys running at the track that have spent big dollars on their respective cars (not talking cobra specific here) who run the cheapest worn out HARD old slicks you've ever seen. 10 year ebay bargains!!!!! Doesn't make sense to me in that if a new set of tyres can last a season and give you 3 seconds a lap better times.. the performance improvements v's the money spent as a % can't be found anywhere else.

But that's just my opinion...many others will have their own ideas as to what works best for them....

spookypt