View Single Post
Old 01-05-2011, 08:04 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA FIA 'Street' Build
Not Ranked     

2136 Is On The Lift

Got a call from Peter this morning that 2136 is on the lift, and final assembly into a roller has begun … needless to say I am thrilled

John sent me a photo, see below (thanks John!)

Tom at FE Specialties is making great progress on the 302. I plan to go up to his shop for the initial startup, run in and dyno test, most likely towards the end of the month.

For the clutch assembly and transmission, I have sourced all of that from Mike Forte. Mike will supply the flywheel, pilot bearing, friction disc, pressure plate, Quicktime bell housing, external slave cylinder & bracket along all the fasteners. He will also supply the TKO 600 transmission with 0.82 OD. I don't need it for the torque capability, but for the gear spacing, should make for a great setup with the 3.31 rear axle ratio. Mike and Tom went over the motor build to select the proper bits and pieces, I'll post a detailed list later. Just like ERA, both Mike and Tom have been in business for a long time, it's great working with people that really know what they are doing.

So … any Club Cobra folks headed to ERA over the next several weeks … please keep an eye out for 2136 and take some photos for me to post … Thanks!