View Single Post
Old 01-06-2011, 10:31 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Default New/old Midstates build

Hey all,

Just thought I'd make a post in the Midstates area, I know there is not too much traffic here so I will also make a post in one of the other areas.

I bought an unfinished Cobra many years ago and like a lot of them, life kind of got in the way, got married and moved from one end of the country to the other. Business has been going great so I decided to pull out the car and get working on it.

The previous owner was going to run a BBC but I wanted to run an aluminum stroker Ford FE so I made up new motor mounts and made a few other changes. I have the car sitting with a 390 in it right now for mocking everything up, the chassis is pretty much ready to send out to be powder coated. The car has a custom chassis with Howe front suspension and Bilstein coil overs, the rear is a Corvette IRS with a modified center section and custom trailing arms. I am not sure who built the chassis but it is a work of art, probably the most rigid chassis I have ever seen and some of the nicest welds. I will get some pictures soon.

One thing I am wondering though, is there anyone on here with an FE powered Midstates Cobra who can give me some measurements as far as engine placement/setback? I am going to make my own headers so I am able to move the motor around a bit, the best thing would be to scale the car I guess but I don't have acces to scales right now. Was there any kind of assembly manual for the Midstates cars?

Thanks!
Mark

OT- Just for fun here is my daily driver I built, it is not a Cobra but does have a 'Cobra' motor!

http://s565.photobucket.com/albums/ss97/Focus4-6/