View Single Post
Old 01-06-2011, 12:34 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA FIA 'Street' Build
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quik289 View Post
Tim, 2136 looks great on the lift! Small things jump out when I'm working the same body for 2137. Interesting to note that I just installed the trunk lid weatherstrip on 2137 in my garage last weekend. (It was delivered with short temporary strips masking taped in place.) I thought we both ordered rollers with the same degree of finish work! Did you talk Peter into throwing in some extras, or are the guys at ERA just really into your car? I also noticed an aluminum tunnel sitting in your car in an 8-1-2010 post to this build thread with shift handle hole drilled. I just drilled mine this week! Be sure to have ERA fully assemble the doors. The "pockets" are a bear to install.
Greg

Greg,

You bring up a good point, the cars ERA builds really do run the gambit. From a bare body bonded to the frame and some plumbing installed, to a true turn key masterpiece ready to go … and the length of time to delivery and cost of the build is adjusted appropriately.

When I first ordered 2136 in May of 2009, I actually intended to do more of the assembly myself just as you are doing. But as time went by, I changed my mind and decided to have ERA do more (therefore … more time and money ).

I am now pretty much at the 'turn key minus' level, where ERA will finish the car except for the drive line and some of the interior (I will be going with Krikey seats which I will install later).

Peter will do as much or as little as the customer wants, so I would say the difference between our two builds for example comes down to the details of the order. I would hazard a guess that no two builds are exactly alike and each car is truly unique. Peter & Crew are great to work with and one of the things that makes ERA what it is.

I have enough time and talent for the drive line install, and I have a lot of buddies offering to help. I admire the guys who do more of the work on their own, but can also imagine the pure pleasure of having ERA do everything for a turn key car.

You are making great progress on 2137 and should be on the road soon, keep us posted

- Tim