View Single Post
Old 01-11-2011, 06:33 AM
Super Moderator
Visit my Photo Gallery
Lifetime Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: KMP 184/482ci Shelby
Not Ranked     

Nice accusation by you "and several others" to start the day off, Fred.

Might I suggest you reread and understand the moderation that took place before forming your impressions. First and foremost, I directed folks who were non-SPF owners and were disrupting this thread (and others) to leave the area. Secondly, I suggested that the dealers list their cars in the For Sale area and link to it. Don't know where you're getting the "all hell breaking loose" from...we have made this same suggestion to dealers (authorized and non-authorized) of other makes whenever we find such posts, including Kirkham.

Did you realize as you posted that I had not closed this thread? Whether it goes to 80 pages is up to you.

Why the suggestion to post their offerings in the For Sale area? Well, if you knew the protocols we have for it, you would understand that we offer far more protections from disruption in the For Sale area...it is there to protect the sellers (as well as the buyers) from having the listings turn into off-topic discussions.

The Kirkham scratch-and-dent thread is a bit different (obviously) in that it's a whole series of leftover parts from a house-cleaning by the manufacturer, and requires a bit more give and take which is beyond the scope of the For Sale area. If any manufacturer wants to do that, we'd afford them the same opportunity in their Forum. Otherwise, the For Sale area would be filled with listings for individual parts from one source.

Might I suggest that if you feel left out as an SPF-owner, you contact South Africa and see if they've got some pedals or headlight bezels hanging around that they would start a thread with.

Good morning to you as well.

Last edited by Jamo; 01-11-2011 at 07:09 AM..