Old 01-13-2011, 09:00 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA FIA 'Street' Build
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fullchat289 View Post
Tim:

Been following your build thread...car is beautiful and it's great to see occasional pics from the ERA shop. Have you considered the FIA PSE's in White...maybe with white pipes? I think that would be a very striking contrast...

- Allen.

Allen,

You are so right … I went back and forth on the color for the wheels and I agree the white FIA wheels have a great look, especially on the full FIA car or on a coupe. I decided to start with black with the contrasting bare rim and knock off which should give the wheels a bit of 'bling' for lack of a better term. I also have two sets of fender vents, one body color and one bare aluminum, again for a bit of contrast. Well see how it looks when it's all together, I can always have the wheel centers redone in white down the road if I want to change the look.

I am also going with a partial under car exhaust, not the FIA side pipes. So that all that will poke out, will be a simple black exhaust pipe (2 - 1/2" or so in diameter), cut square that exits just before the rear tire and angled slightly towards the back of the car… very similar to the look on some early street Cobras or a '65 GT-350. I also have the optional rear suspension, so a complete under car exhaust is not an option. Aside from the look, want the exhaust to be a bit quieter than the FIA pipes, but a bit louder than the full under car setup. I should probably start a muffler thread

Thanks for the suggestions … there are so many choices and options !

- Tim