Old 01-15-2011, 01:09 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Contemporary-427 stroker
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by bret a ewing View Post
Mdman,

Not sure which model tire you are refering to? Are these tires DOT? If so, what is the speed rating?
Bret,
Listed below are the specs from Summit Racing's website. The tire is DOT approved. There are different diameters/sizes available. I had used the 325's, getting 10,000 miles out of them and they still looked great. I am now using a 275. I don't know the speed rating but they are running these tires on Mustangs that are turning in the 7's at 200 MPH. Don't know about you but I've only had my Cobra up to 145.
Here is the info. Check out Summit or Jegs. For under $200 you just cannot get a better traction tire.
Brand Mickey Thompson
Manufacturer's Part Number 3754R
Part Type Tires
Product Line Mickey Thompson ET Street Radial Tires
Summit Racing Part Number MTT-3754R
UPC 029142619185

Tire Size 275/60-15
Wheel Diameter 15 in.
Sidewall Style Blackwall
Tire Construction Radial
Directional Yes
Tire Diameter 28.00 in.
Section Width 11.00 in.
Tread Width 9.50 in.
Minimum Recommended Wheel Width 7.50 in.
Maximum Recommended Wheel Width 9.50 in.
Asymmetrical Tread Pattern No
DOT-Approved Yes
Tube Required No
Tire Compound R2
Quantity Sold individually.
Tool Transmission Lookup
Calculator Gear Ratio Calculator

Mickey Thompson's legendary race tire technology comes to the street with these all-new ET Street Radial tires. Built using the latest in high-tech radial construction techniques and years of drag racing experience in compound development, these DOT approved, street legal drag radials will get your car down the track in record time and still provide you with an excellent ride on the way home. Other important features include reduced rolling resistance, a low-void directional tread pattern for maximum dry-weather traction, and polyester ply/steel belted construction for long lasting strength and durability.