View Single Post
Old 01-16-2011, 04:11 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic revival kit (CR3181), gen III engine, T56 6 speed box, AU XR8 lsd diff
Send a message via Yahoo to boxhead
Not Ranked     

Bernie, the 90 day scheme has been in place for over 12 months in the NT, maybe we where used as a test bed?
But at the meeting I attended it was laid out pretty clearly that the rules to follow are
Your 90 days is actually broken down to be, 60 days driving in club sanctioned events, this includes driving to and from the event.
And 30 days free time for the owner to use as he/she wishes.
As you state, a day is the 24 hours from midnight to midnight, so if you drive to a mates house and stay the night, then drive home next morning, that is classed as 2 days (even if less than 24 hours apart)
The log book must be filled out before you leave the property where vehicle is located.
They did not elaborate on this so I have allways filled out a start time and odo reading before leaving, then at the end of the day fill out odo reading and route taken.

If you are caught not following the rules, first offence is a fine, second offence is plates removed. If there is 3 cases within a 12 month period, the club will lose the rights to issue plates (so all members will want your nuts on a plate) and if the club loses its right to issue plates, all members in the club will lose there plates, as the plates are issued by the MVR on behalf of the club.
We where advised they where a direct replacement for the "Club plate system" and I was told that this relates to all vehicles over 30 years old, or is a replica of such vehicle. So Cobra was ok for system.

Cruising in 5th

---------------------------------------------
Never be afraid to do something new, Remember, Amateurs built the Ark: Professionals built the Titanic.