View Single Post
Old 01-17-2011, 08:14 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 623, 427 S/C Cobra. Ford FE 428 Cobra Jet, Ford Nascar TL 4speed - with a touch of raw; "less is more" theme
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stentor View Post
Duane,

Based on your research, does Cooper produce the Avon CR6ZZ tires that are used on Cobras (it appears that they might based on the link you provided)? And do the Avon CR6ZZs have a similar tire that's made by Cooper?

Thanks,

Stentor

There is information I've read elsewhere (hearsay / true or not) indicating for Avon in the US, they are made in the US; but I've seen nothing documented from anyone within Cooper or Avon directly, just other outside sources. Not really sure on these, and they are sort of a limited production tire, hard to day on these...

However, on the street radials in these sizes / STs, GTs, etc... the folks I spoke to within Cooper Co. indicated what someone else replied here "just a tread / brand name" change on some of the radials; again, no direct proof of it so that is why I cannot say for sure, only just passing along bits of information I heard recently; true or not, who knows.

Last edited by decooney; 01-17-2011 at 08:20 AM..