View Single Post
Old 01-18-2011, 04:36 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: HARRISON, FORD 302, SOLD
Not Ranked     

All done. Ray's really helpful as you pointed out. I even did the testdrive as he couldn't get his knees under the dash

This is what i need to fix:

Mirror needs a trim around it to remove sharp edges.

Remove front overrider mounts and sharp edges on the filler lid.

Adjust brake bias as front locks up before back (Warwick's given me the fix for this)

Fit an extension to the front internal bumper. Apparently something an inspector at Zirlmere has been picking on.

Fit a restrictor to the exhaust system. Its 100dba @ 3600rpm and needs to be 90dba. We built provision into the pipework for this so no big deal to quieten it down.

That's about it, so off to the coppers on Monday for a surrogate VIN, then the wait for Qld Transport.

Merv, the seat are from a Honda Beat. A mate of mine who's a automotive genius bought two wrecks of these groovy little mid engined cars. They have a 800cc donk but he shoehorned a MR2 engine into it by widening the whole
rear end, turboed it, painted it red and stuck Ferrari badges on it. It pulls like a 14y/old boy.......0-100 in about 3.5 secs and he's fooled plenty of people telling them it's a special import that the prancing horse only made limited numbers of

Greg