View Single Post
Old 01-21-2011, 07:37 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 623, 427 S/C Cobra. Ford FE 428 Cobra Jet, Ford Nascar TL 4speed - with a touch of raw; "less is more" theme
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry N Johnson View Post
My S/T's say this:
Tread Wear 440
Traction A
Temperature C

Have no idea what that means, but these are fantastic tires.

That's great news Larry, I just picked up a set of Mastercraft Avenger GTs for my car, and my buddy has the Cooper Cobra Radial GTs; and likes his alot too. I was looking at the MTs, they were backordered on the 295 rears, and discovered these others.... at first I sort of overlooked them thinking they are just some generic garbage, but after more research and even feeling the rubber in comparison to my former Yok-Avids, wondered if there might be something here. I remember when the Yok Avids were a "cheap tire" sold by Summit almost a decade ago when the Yok 352s ran out. A friend and I said "what the heck", tried a set of Avids and loved them. Seemed like it was not too long before Superformance and others were running them on their stock rollers, etc. I'm hoping these Cooper MTs/Cobras/Mastercrafts are a similar situation to how the expired Yoks were as a less expensive option for many of us still stuck (or still preferring) 15" fat sidewall radial street tires.

FYI: The Cooper Cobra Radial GT and MasterCraft Avenger Radial GT tires (also made by Cooper) read the same thing, and even have the exact same groove pattern in the sides of the tires. So if a retailer is ever back ordered on the MTs, or someone is charging more for the MT name on the side of the tire and you want an alternative, these other two are available in the exact same sizes, made in the exact same two Cooper Cobra manufacturing plants.

Its GREAT to have some new options in decent and regular 15" street radials for our 245/295 tire combo's 'eh! A few years ago it started to look like game over until the new Avons and some of these other radials started getting produced...

Last edited by decooney; 01-21-2011 at 07:45 AM..