View Single Post
Old 01-22-2011, 05:07 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic revival kit (CR3181), gen III engine, T56 6 speed box, AU XR8 lsd diff
Send a message via Yahoo to boxhead
Not Ranked     

To say thanks, My own personal love for these cars started in approx 1980, I was all of 10 or 11 years old and I was with my Stepfather at a boat yard.
This all black 427 sc replica (I am assuming it wasa replica) Cobra was sitting in the carpark, my stepfather knew cars (he raced through the 70's and 80's) and he told me what it was.
I made him hang around in the carpark so I could look at it some more, and by luck the owner arrived, he started it up and drove away, the look and the sound never left me.
I made a promise to myself that day that I would own one one day and I also promised myself that I would not own any other V8 cars until I had my Cobra.
Well, I managed to keep that promise and owned plenty of fast 4's and a couple of modified 6's, but never an 8.
A few years after this, I heard Bill Cosby's 200mph, this only served as a reminder of whatI wanted.

I knew all along I would never get a genuine one.

After many years of working and honestly getting no closer to fulfilling this dream, it was time to move location so I could earn more money to get one.
That move happened in 2002, and within 12 monthes I had saved the money to purchase my kit.
The years of saving and building have been fantastic, and with the car now being registered fo 12 months, I can add that owning and driving one has been fantastic. There really is no beter thing to make me smile than sliding behind the wheel and going for a drive.

So thank you Mr Shelby for making me smile.

Cruising in 5th

---------------------------------------------
Never be afraid to do something new, Remember, Amateurs built the Ark: Professionals built the Titanic.