View Single Post
Old 01-24-2011, 02:12 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Harrison # 80; Ford 5.0L HO Trickflow heads, cam and rockers and MassFlow EFI
Send a message via Skype™ to Merv and Sharon
Not Ranked     

You had a difficult build Greg, with so many systems on your car half done or older ones. QT at Maroochydore where very picky about wheel clearance, ride height (they have a bar on their hoist that would wipe out anything too low!) and the routing of the cables and fuel lines. They also asked about a grille (posted earlier). The usual checks of lights and demisters, etc and their suspension shaker to see if everything was tight. The rear brakes were close on mine to not being enough, but it did pass on all points, first time. As you, know I have since improved that area. I had to wait 9 weeks for an appointment after getting my chassis number/VIN. That was a long time and only accentuated the stress of it all. Luckily the flat bed tow truck guy that I used to take the car down, knew the two inspectors I had and they were very helpful and fair.

At the end I paid the money (!!) and called the insurance company before driving home.

Ford Cobra
Harrison #80.
Peregian Beach
Sunshine Coast Qld.