Old 01-25-2011, 07:35 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
Original Shelby Owner

Cobra Make, Engine: Kirkham, 427
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
This really reminds me of facebook. I love all the stuff you guys do and the magic you work with metal. But "Kirkhams go jogging"? Seems a wee bit narcissistic. What's next - "Kirkhams do lunch"? or "David duz dishes"?
All ribbing aside - keep up the incredible work. The Cobra stuff y'all do is simply mind blowing.

Some time ago I spoke with Brent Mills about all the weight he had lost. Man is he looking good! I told him I too wanted to get back into shape and loose some of those extra burritos. I asked him if it would be OK to share a few things with you guys on the site to help keep everyone motivated. It's always nice to have your friends encourage you along (and to mercilessly poke you when needed) We have saved so much weight on our cars with all the billet parts we had to start looking in easier places to keep taking the weight off--like the mirror

I figured I'd share with my friends here (on the Kirkham area of the forum) some of our after-hours activities. Many guys here on the site build their cars with their sons, nephews, brothers, wives, buddies, etc. We build cars every day. I go climbing with my boys.

For my birthday my 14 year old son made me a birthday card. It said, "Thanks for all the hikes we have been on together." Those climbs and time with them mean the world to me. We are now training to climb the Middle Teton together this summer. It is all they can talk about. In between all the aluminum chips, I swear I see mountain tops.

This is a picture of us (with my nephews) on the summit of Mt. Timpanogos this summer. It is one of many mountains I have climbed...but it is our first peak together.

"Fear is the thief of dreams."

Last edited by David Kirkham; 01-25-2011 at 09:40 PM..