Cobra Make, Engine: RCM, Jag front and rear, LS3
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by sideshow View Post

i recently saw pdf file at rta website where they were taking applications for
engineers
i doubt many will apply
as afew retired or left last year
Yes this is correct. All engineers have to reapply to be a signatory. I checked with my engineer that he would be doing this before starting with him. There has been a pilot of the new scheme running for quite a few years with about 6 engineers involved (i am using one of them). The pilot scheme required the build to be pre registered with the RTA to recieve an RTA ICV number. My engineer completed the application and i have this number. You still have to comply with the rules in force on the day, but my engineer suggested that should the rules change before final presentation, i could use the ICV number to help plead my case for an exemption. I have no idea if this number will still be valid with the new scheme but i hope so because it cost me about $250 of the engineers time.

I am predicting (hoping) that once the RTA have reselected the list they will regain their confidence in the engineers and things will settle down again in NSW. I believe there are some changes to insurance requirements for the engineers also. There is an engineer on the clubby forum who has applied and has been keeping the forum up to date with correspondance from the RTA.

It was suggested to me that a contributor to the recent problems with no one passing in NSW was due to inspectors concerned with their personal liability. I know of a car that was knocked back for additional issues on the second inspection that werent raised on the first inspection.

Oh well, time will tell.....Perhaps i will join the Vic club to take advantage of the permit system.