View Single Post
Old 01-27-2011, 07:50 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA FIA 'Street' Build
Not Ranked     

Jeff,

Nice work, love the photos !

Looks like the front end is just about all done. I see that the bumpers are off, black quick jacks on the way !

Doug is working on the rear suspension assembly, will be going with the outboard brakes. I did make one change from my initial setup and that is to go with a 3.54 rear axle ratio, versus the 3.31 setup. Peter, Bob and Doug all strongly recommended that setup when paired with a small block and the TKO600 with the 0.82 OD. The 3.31 would give me a bit longer 1st gear, but 5th gear performance on the freeway would suffer. I talked with Dangerous Doug (2108) who has the exact setup and he really likes his car's performance in all 5 of the gears.

Bottom line, ERA will do whatever the customer wants, but sage advice from fellow Club Cobra members and ERA owners, has taught me to listen carefully to the recommendations from ERA, they are the experts.

Jeff … any news on your car … still too much snow on the ground for a test drive? Did you at least sit in your car and pretend ( vroom! ... vroom!! ) you were driving ?

Thanks again !

- Tim