View Single Post
Old 01-28-2011, 09:16 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 289FIA 2131, 331 stroker by Dan Dalena with 48 IDAs by Jim Inglese, AC Cars AC8 "Rosso Chiaro" (PPG Nexa code FG39) by Connecticut Custom
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkb289 View Post
Jeff,

Jeff … any news on your car … still too much snow on the ground for a test drive? Did you at least sit in your car and pretend ( vroom! ... vroom!! ) you were driving ?

Thanks again !

- Tim
Just finishing touches. I need to get the fuel pressure gauge repaired before it is installed (pointer got sticky and won't return to zero). High-beam switch wasn't working right. Racing mirror doesn't adjust properly. Front brake scoops need to be installed. That sort of thing. Not much else.

Inglese will do the final tuning sometime before road testing, but that won't be for awhile, as there is a TON of snow up there and a lot of sand and salt on the roads. I'm in no hurry.

I did the "vroom vroom" thing when we fitted the Kirkey. Shifted through all the gears, heel-toe downshifts, etc. I was surprised by all the room down by the pedals. Looks tighter than it really is.

Hope yours ships out soon. They are working on it! The color really looks great in person, and I bet it will be better outside in sunlight. I think you'll be very happy.

Jeff