View Single Post
Old 02-03-2011, 10:16 AM
Full Blown Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
Premier Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: KMP 427 S/C, Twin Paxton 511 FE
Not Ranked     

Ok, I just got off the phone with Richard @ Halibrand. I told how things are shaping up. He has been emailed the link to this thread in the past and knows all this information is out in the open.
He understands that we are enthusiasts, first. He mentioned a bit of remorse for letting this go too long (not just this mag run, but mag runs in general).
He is confident that he will run them and will sell them all, no matter what happens to our/his list. I personally believe him on this. They'll get made eventually and he'll sell them all in time. This is speculation but the outlay of cash is more than likely his biggest hurdle (duh).
Richard and I will remain in contact and when he has news, I will update this thread and will do so until the end.
I also asked him about the finishing. Dow 7 is a temporary chemical 'pickling'. That's why they will eventually turn if left alone. So, the wheels get Dow 7 for (temporary treatment-the original way) pickling, then powdercoat the centers. This new chemical he has mentioned is in addition to all this. It stabilizes the magnesium and keeps the appearance of 'NEW' wheels, like it or not. And he'll certainly leave it off if you like.

Now, for the big question: Are you going with Fran, staying with Halibrand or both (there's been mention of multiple sets from people)?

I know this thread is getting TIRED (no pun intended)....but I'll put myself on the list for both. Anyone else on the list who wants to share publicly?

Last edited by rodneym; 02-03-2011 at 10:29 AM.. Reason: corrections