Old 02-04-2011, 05:56 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: DAX Tojeiro SBC
Not Ranked     

Hi Mike,

Are you THE Mike Read, as in comedian?

Anyway check out this thread:

Import UK cobra into Australia any info?

I built a Dax Tojeiro (so it was called a few years ago) and imported it to WA in 2009 as a Personal Import. Once here I had it checked out at the local Vehicle testing centre and they failed it. Ride height too low (although it complied with Dax design ride height), Front and rear tyres different aspect ratios (I know I know wtf?), Side pipes not protected from burning skin, Front mouth needed mesh cover and it didn't have a reversing light. No requirement for a fog light though. They did mention the noise but I couldn't hear what the man said.

I got all these fixed and had it retested and it passed.

Check out the pictures with the WA plate on it:

http://www.clubcobra.com/photopost/s...r/39263/sort/1

I know you want to import it to SA so the rules may be different but what if you imported it to WA and then drove it to SA and registered it? What happens then? Will they refuse to register it even though it has been approved in WA?

From what I understand it is law that Cobras registered in WA have head rests. Mine doesn't but it still passed. What I am trying to say is that certain rules are overlooked for personal imports.

As an aside.....I never thought I'd say this but it is sometimes too hot to drive it in summer. In Scotland (where I built it) it was too cold to drive it! You can't win.

A Dog is not just for Christmas; If sliced thinly enough, it can last until Easter.

Dax TojSBC 377 3550 BOx