Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

u are all forgetting one simple thing
99% of cobras are manual
so not sure how u lock it in neutral
anyway european cars are the biggest pains in the butt
when u crank the key and motor doesnt start to restart car u need to turn key all way to off then back to start dumb idea hehehehe
i guess thats y id never own a european car hassle to work on and expensive to fix heheheheheeh

when they say transmission lock and shifter lock im sure that relates to an auto trans
so does that mean if its manual u need a steering lock since u cant do the others
or can u have a switch on the clutch so u cant start car without pressing on the clutch

in my ve comm diags it has a clutch switch
also the start signal goes to ecu
ecu then turns on starter relay if immobiliser says ok and if clutch switch is depresed
then u get to the later 08 09 ve comms where they have a full variable resistor for clutch pedal which complicates things more hehehe

where have all the smart engineers gone
oh sorry they all retired last year hehee
has anyone gotten a straight answer from an engineer

id never trust an electronic steering lock if it was an aftermarket fitment
imagine if that bmw have had the lock stuff up while it was driving
surely they should have a backup incase u lost complete power which is very common these days never buy a battery from nrma they used to use good batts now they get em made in u know where for 5 bucks and have heard many complaints of the new ones failing too
they must use those same batteries in qantas planes these days to save money
since the ceo put on a big sob story saying he cant afford to give himself a 10 million dollar bonus this year one plane will come a croppa the way they r cutting costs and using not so qualified staff

one other thing is if anyone has driven a car with the keyless entry where is recognises the key in the proximity like boxhead mentioned regarding the late prado and i think also late lancers have it

this is purely for immobilisation isnt it
im still pretty sure u need to put key in ignition
or do these remotes have a start button on them which allows u to start the car without key in igntion or owner in the car
i havnt seen a factory car with this setup as yet
and even the latest comms u need to put key in ign and turn key for cranking
but once u crank for a second the ecu takes over and keeps cranking motor till it starts u dont have to keep holding key to crank

www.sideshowsperformancewiring.com.au

Last edited by sideshow; 02-04-2011 at 08:40 PM..