View Single Post
Old 02-08-2011, 10:41 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF #968 / Genesis 427 Aluminum S/O
Not Ranked     

To help out with numbers, I have contacted some of my brethren from CVAR again to participate in the advanced group. I presently have 5 cars (including myself) very interested for track time, but more important donating to the cause. I believe everyone last year enjoyed watching Roy in his Blue GT350 schooling the rest of us.

Quite a few of the guys that race are either active duty or veterans. We have donated our time and equipment for different charitable events, so what ever is requested by OC, we'll help out. One of the guys said if these soldiers are active duty and participating in OC, he'd bet his bottom dollar they will not be allowed in the cars.

Also, if I understand the schedule, we run from 1:00 to 6:00. 3 groups at 20 minute sessions, that's 5 runs. (Beware you novice guys, you'll be tired........ everyone will be tired) Jay N. organized the sessions quite efficiently last year, and I'm hoping for the same this year. Time is precious, so if you want photo parade laps, PLEASE keep it within the first scheduled novice group or even before the event starts (12:00 noon). The intermediate guys get pretty cranky if you short their time. Someone was shooting photo's last year w/o photo parade laps and did a damn good job. I believe the best photo op's are during each session.

Also, don't forget that someone always breaks down or goes off. So the track has to go cold for clean up or tow in. Again, time is precious.
SPF #968 w/ Genesis Aluminum 427 S/O
CVAR vintage racer: 1965 Mustang Fastback w/ HP 302

Last edited by LuvDaBlues; 02-09-2011 at 05:41 AM..