View Single Post
Old 02-09-2011, 08:04 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF GT40
Not Ranked     

Thanks to all of you who called in support of this bill. Thanks for the video feed too. I'm not a good public speaker, but between Craig Morrison, Tim Dutton, Sen. Carrell and myself we gave a very positive spin to the bill. There was no opposing speaker, only a state patrolman who wasn't sure how some issues would be enforced. He and Sen. Carrell said they would iron that out. I don't think the full committee was there and no vote was taken, but we think we're over the first hurdle. I believe it goes to a Rules Committee next before a full Senate & House debate, amendment, and vote. I talked to Sen. Carrell about all us guys stuck with current year registrations. I'm not sure he initially realized the importance of us being able to retitle to get the benefits of the bill. He did say he would amend the bill to include that. Most importantly I'm going to work with Steve McDonald at SEMA to make sure this gets in the bill. It probably wouldn't hurt to contact the Transportation chair Mary Haugen 360-786-7618 as well as other committee members even now. Thanks again. Will keep this updated.