Thread: Test Completed.
View Single Post
Old 02-10-2011, 09:00 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 347 Stroker Morrison Injection. Registered.
Not Ranked     

Thanks guys,
Zedn, there's a fixed procedure used to warm the brakes then the engineer does 4 runs, 2 at 60kph and 2 at 100kph. The car must brake in a straight line and wheels are not to lock up. The Engineer asked me to get the brake bias adjusted to give the rear's a little bit more grip.
The lane change was similar to the brake test. The Engineer drove between in and out of 6 or 7 witches hat's first at 60kph, then at 100kph. Considering the suspension is wound up to allow the under car exhaust to clear 100mm, the car remained flat throughout all the drive cycles.
There were 5 cars being tested on Wednesday and I was told all the coats were shared,[Yeh Right]. I was charged just over $1000.

Hi Stephen, our club has it's meetings on the 2nd Tuesday of every month at the Directors Hotel in Gouger St. That's about 5 minutes from where you are. On Feb 23 the club has organized a shed run to Salisbury to go through suspension setups on cobra's with an Engineer.
My car was driven by the Engineer that's certifying my car. They don't let you drive your own car.

Regards.

Last edited by Mando; 02-11-2011 at 08:35 PM..