CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Contemporary CCX3117 427FE
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by sideshow View Post
Hopefully in 10 years I won't have to worry bout cars
Cause the whole industry is going down hill slowly
I'm not so sure that it's all doom and gloom. Sure there are the concerns about the number of engineers that will step up to the plate.
Watch the truly committed manufacturers work with the remaining engineers to build cars along the lines of the Superformance "turn-key minus" cars, where every single piece of the car is built the same and the running gear just needs to be dropped in. I'd think people would pay a premium if they could place an order, nominate a paint and trim colour, subcontract out the engine installation, and the car is built to EXACTLY the specs that have been agreed to with engineers.
Certainty for the buyer, efficiency for the manufacturers, less risk for the engineer.

Even if it all goes totally pear shaped, what's the worst case if you don't have a Cobra at the time:
Buy an old RMC, DRB, G Force that's already approved to less stringent standards and upgrade it;
Buy a Sunbeam Tiger and do what you like with it; or
Buy any of the dozens of other readily available sports and performance cars available at the moment. Looking at the effortless performance of a few cars that are cheap and available at the moment, I think that the motoring industry is in excellent shape.

Getting away from sports cars, have a tinker with a late model Commodore and see how it goes. As you know, with very few mods it's easy to argue that the muscle car era is right now...

Having said that, I still like my old XY