Thread: SOHC Kirkham
View Single Post
Old 02-14-2011, 09:42 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

To clear some things up, I'll go into detail on a few things. One, I don't have the cammer right now, but my plan is to use this engine. To me, there is no other engine for a Cobra, because it's my favorite engine. I know I don't need that kind of power in a Cobra. As for the resale cost that I brought up initially, it was used only to help make my choice easier. I have no intentions of actually getting into all of the things involved with a resale. Interior aside, I'd get more for a Krikham with a cammer than a FFR with a cammer when the build costs roughly the same. In this case, a roller FFR costs me almost the same as a roller Kirkham. The reason is due to the nature of the parts in the FFR. Some of them are the very best you can put into a FFR for strength and reliability. The cost to build the FFR, including the paint job, about $60,000 not including the interior, engine and transmission. The cost to "build" a Kirkham the way I want it, roughly $63,000 before paint. I know the custom interior would devalue a Krikham, which is why I'm prepared to write that expense off should I ever sell the car. While a full paint job might not seem the best idea with a Kirkham, it won't look bad either. It's just not that common is all, many like the shiny aluminum and for me, it was too much shiny.

I'm here to learn about Kirkhams, I posted what I plan to do with it mainly to give anyone interested in this conversation, a basis to work off of. I don't plan on racing the car, just enjoying it. I like hearing the opinions you guys have as well. I know a modern looking interior isn't for most with this car. Many of you like the Cobra because it has that all business, no comfort feel to it. I just see it as lacking refinement. I know, the Cobra is supposed to be unrefined, raw, brutal and scary. I think it would be cool to see and drive a refined, raw, brutal, scary, civilized, comfy, tame beast. Mixing exact opposites in one car, if done correctly, could be really nice. Old school meets new school. Here is another interior I really like, is out of the norm, but still looks good and gives the car a refined look.

Last edited by Motorhead27; 02-14-2011 at 09:50 AM..