View Single Post
Old 02-15-2011, 03:23 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default It's easy to do

jcraigau Craig you need to get old style GM shims with slots. For setting camber you add or remove from the drive shaft between the rotor and the outputshaft. put car in the air and remove the 4 nuts. let top of assembly fall out, EASY and installed or remove shims. You have to be 100% correct on the end play for the outter driveshafts into the hubs, you really want no play when the hub is warm. As far as the toe, you loosen the bottom to bolts that mount the lower arm to the bracket on the carrier, add or remove to get to spec and tighten. Wiretie both bolts and the 4 nuts for the out put shafts. My specs are +3/4 camber and toe is 1/16" in on both wheels. This is with my weight in the drivers seat. If the car weights for the corners are not done, than you need to start there. Do all suspension work with your weight in the drivers seat. Also make sure the THRUST angle is "0" or +/- 1, no higher. Check all mounts for tightness and rubber for good condition. If the car drift out to one side, start with a tire pressure adjustment, if more than 3-4 psi, there is something wrong with alignment or loose part. car should track straight. Rick L. Ps ask the alignment shop when was the last time it was serviced and setup for trueness. The printout could read perfect and the machine could be 3/8" off and cause all kinds of problems.