View Single Post
Old 02-15-2011, 12:03 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Thanks Dom - my original question was about front and rear, but we ended up talking about rears.

In hindsight I probably didn't ask my question properly - I am interested in what uprights people use and for those who have used original spec pieces and geometry how does the car handle corners?

I understand an XKE suspension is about right but XJ6 is too wide and needs modification. Also it only has a lower control arm, so I expect the inboard pickup points must be quite different. I have heard that getting a good slippery diff ratio is hard over here as well. MII and T/bird are not that common over here so using them will still require importing. I need to finish my pricing comparision for original spec vs reconditioned Jag or imported reconditioned Ford - if it comes out within the ballpark I figure I might as well go original spec.

I have spent years pondering chassis design and looking at JBL and Robnell (Australian) for inspiration due to their torsional rigidity and expected handling advantage. Ironically at the end of the day I have elected to go original style chassis and it's a little hard to explain why - it just feels right... As far as originality goes I have no interest in correct spec hose clips, but I do want a car that is a fair representation of the original.

After saying all that I appreciate everyones comments and thoughts - particularly those who have gone through this before.

Cheers,
Marc