Thread: SOHC Kirkham
View Single Post
Old 02-18-2011, 08:03 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Motorhead27, surprising how many don't get your question, pretty obvious to me the logic in your thinking. If it were me, no question I would go with a Kirkham - considered the most authentic of all cobra replica builders out there and which command the most money on resale. You already know that return on investment is a losing proposition, but consider this - now you have the money to burn, it will always get spent - if not on a Kirkham, then some other toy most likely. Should the future hold some unpleasant surprise and you need to sell, no question the SOHC/Kirkham will command top dollar in the used cobra market. (And you might be surprised just how much someone might pay for that absolute top of the line cobra). The way I look at it - it's like putting X amount of money in the bank with no interest and inflation devaluating the balance over time. But when you need to pull that money out, you will have more of it with a SOHC/Kirkham than any other cobra replica.

As a footnote, no one likes to see components that go together poorly matched (from either a quality or value standpoint). If you are going to buy a sizable AAA diamond - you don't put it in a sterling silver setting.