View Single Post
Old 02-22-2011, 10:25 AM
Abnormal CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Don't think I'll be getting a Cobra for a long time... Do have '94 RX-7 R2.
Not Ranked     

Well it did turn out to be balmy with drizzle on the day of the open house, but then I woke up to snow the next morning before my flight.

The Courtyard by Marriott in Provo was nice and it was probably only 10 minutes from the Open House.

I had not been out to the Salt Lake City area in a long time. I had forgotten how the addresses are sort of like coordinates with most streets numbered in every direction. I'm used to named streets or streets that are numbered in one direction (like north/south) and named in the other direction (like east/west). It did help me get where I wanted to go once I sort of got the hang of it.

The 2nd night I stayed at the Hyatt Place Salt Lake City Airport. It was nicer than the Courtyard in Provo and included a serve yourself breakfast. There was a gas station nearby to fuel up the rental car before leaving for the airport and was only one exit away from the airport. It made it easy to get to the airport.

In case you did not see them, I posted a bunch of pictures in the Open House thread: Kirkham Motorsports Annual Open House 19 Feb 2011