View Single Post
Old 02-22-2011, 01:03 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Ferrari 458 Italia (not quite a Cobra)
Not Ranked     

T-SPF, With Dan's current (barely death defying) times, it's already a race, albeit so far one that depends on my have a bad time and him having his best. (I did incidentally have one 12.25, so anything is possible.) But even if you take my average time of 12.45, that's probably 12.9-12.0 with adjustments (before I start improving), and he's already at 11.9 without much track practice (though I don't think he can get on the track after today). A tire change isn't happening. Just to repeat, the point here isn't to have the fairest race between the cars -- if it were, I wouldn't have to win all three. (I don't actually have the Michelins by the way; I have Pirelli Corsas -- 295/35/20; and he doesn't have billboards, he has some Goodyear tire that looks like them but is some sort of track slick.) I think he's over at the strip now, and for all we know he's going to report back that he dropped it into the 10s. (I've been checking online sites for word of a crash at LVMS, and nothing to report there so far.)

Last edited by tommygold; 02-22-2011 at 01:31 PM..