View Single Post
Old 02-26-2011, 05:39 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Well, it is here!!!

The new fiberglass body arrived yesterday!! Now body gets to meet chassis for the first time, in real life. They have met many times in the computer world but this the the first real meeting.

I have designed a "Curbside" frame that will allow the modeler to just build the body to the level you would see if the car were parked along the street. The modeler can just build the body, tires/wheels, cockpit and exterior trim and show the car in a curbside fashion. Then if they want to they can build the frame and engine up and display it as a separate display too.

The Pics that have the tires mounted on the roadster is using this curbside frame. So far things are looking pretty good. I will to tweak the front bumper a little, but so far so good.

Well here are some body pics. I did not attempt to fit up the doors, hood, and trunk at this time. I just roughed them in to help you get a good view of the lines of the body. Final fit of these parts is down the road.

Oh, and just for FYI, the body only weighs about 1.5 pounds. That is a whole lot better than you would get if you made the body out of resin!!!