View Single Post
Old 03-02-2011, 01:40 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA FIA #2124
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf k View Post
Allen, looking good. What size hoosiers do you have in front? Any rubbing? Can you give me your opinion on how the car feels with your different tire combinations. Goodrich, Mickey Thompsons, and Hoosiers. That is, if you had a chance to drive it yet.
Wolf:

I'm running 275/315 front/rear. From the looks of it, I don't anticipate any rubbing. 275 is the widest front recommended by ERA and the backspacing was machined to accomodate the 275 tire on the front wheels, so if there is any rubbing, it will likely be due to suspension compression in cornering as I'm running the stock eibach springs as supplied by ERA, at least for the short term.

I will have to report back on how the mickey thompson s/t feels with the new 245/275 sizing I'll be running on the street. I haven't ordered them yet!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredBMOC View Post
I like the black wheels on your car; looks mean!
What Autox class will you be running the FIA in?
Fred:

Thanks for the compliments. I'm seriously contemplating the black powdercoat on my natural cast Trigo FIA style wheels for the street... As far as auto-x class is concerned, when running SCCA classed events, I think I will need to register in XP. As far as my local events are concerned, we just run an indexed time schedule to level the playing field based on weight, whp, and tires. Based on a 40 second course and my car specifics, I would need to give up to 3 seconds to a car with no index penalties (1.07 vs 1.00 index). If I see myself in the top 10 of raw times most of this season, I'll be well chuffed.

- Allen.

Last edited by Fullchat289; 03-02-2011 at 01:47 PM..