View Single Post
Old 03-05-2011, 07:01 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: HARRISON, FORD 302, SOLD
Not Ranked     

You can save big $ on almost all parts it just depends the time and effort you're prepared to put in to source them.Try Finishline in the US just for a start, then there's ebay, Factory Five, Stafford UK etc etc.

It's easy to just grab the parts from your kit manufacturer, but you will pay for his time to do all the legwork and fair enough too. Personally, I enjoyed the chase for stuff and learnt a lot about the building process by scrounging around the net and modifying stuff from the local wreckers.

I'm still marvelling at Zedn's build cost..........I thought I was pretty careful with my budget, but $35k is quite amazing. He's a very talented bloke, eg just check out some of his fabrication skills in his gallery. I wouldn't even consider attempting most of the stuff he's made, saving stacks of $$.

My car owes me $60k and I reccon that's not bad going and I'm yet to get my teeth into engine mods.....be interesting to hear others final cost!!

As many blokes have pointed out, if you want value you're probably better off with buying a finished car.