View Single Post
Old 03-10-2011, 11:36 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA FIA #2124
Not Ranked     
Default Activity is continuing:

I’ve been working on lots of stuff lately in an effort to get the car back on the road by the end of next week. (First auto-x is on the 19th) So here’s a status of current “to-do’s” that I’ll be posting progress on in the coming week or so:

Split trunklid – Bruce C. is finished making the parts for me and I’m heading out to Pittsburgh tomorrow to pick them up along with the reference trunk lid I gave him to use to make the parts. I plan on fitting the new pieces over the weekend, or as time allows. To support the hinged portion of the lower section, I picked up a set of these from Europa Spares in GB:

Wheels – My 15” set of Trigo FIA’s have been taken for powder coat (satin black) early this week and should be finished by tomorrow.

Tires – Ordered a set of Mickey Thompson S/T radials (245/60, 275/60) from Performance Plus Tire. They offer free shipping on these. Should be able to get them mounted on the freshly powder coated wheels by mid next week.

Fuel Filler – this was a fun project to think about and mock up. When first fitting the Lemans Hard Top, I created a temporary fuel filling solution through utilizing the ERA Fuel tank riser on the FIA along with a piece of mild steel bent tubing to connect the roof mounted fuel cap to the ERA tank Here’s a pic:

This was functional, but I wasn’t entirely comfortable with it from an aesthetic standpoint and felt it could be made a bit more robust. My new solution utilizes one of the as-cast and forlorn roller cap components sold for $5 during the recent Kirkham scratch-n-dent sale, a piece of aluminum pipe, and some clear fuel filler hose purchased from a shop I found online. I’ll have some photo documentation of this in the coming week.

Side Curtains. – Over the past week, I’ve decided on a design direction to go with on side curtains. I’m presently in the process of collecting materials and fabricating these. I’ll be documenting the construction and create a separate thread with a link in this log.

- Allen.