View Single Post
Old 03-15-2011, 06:59 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA FIA #2124
Not Ranked     
Default Black FIA’s and Mickey Thompsons..

Here are some “pre-mounting” pics of the Mickey Thompson S/T tires in 245/60 and 275/60 – 15. When I came home to these last evening and saw them for the first time, two impressions hit me. The first was how narrow the MT 275 looks relative to the BFG I did a trial fitting of a few weeks back (see post # 15). The second was the difference in overall diameter of the two tire sizes. The chart on Performance Tire Plus’s website indicates a 1.3” overall difference (26.7” vs 28”), but it looks more than that to me… In any case, I’m glad to get those fat and narrow section’d BFG 295’s off of there and can’t wait to see it on the ground once everything is mounted up. These tires should give the “period” look I’m after. One other observation was tire wall stiffness in the un-mounted state. The BFG’s seemed very flappy where the MT’s have greater rigidity. I’m hoping to see this represented in the handling once mounted.

Next is a couple pics of the freshly powdercoated FIA wheels. A local Iron Works (Antietam Iron Works of McConnellsburg, PA) has an in-house powder coating facility and welcomes these sort of one-off jobs. They turned out great and I’m well pleased.

- Allen.