View Single Post
Old 03-15-2011, 04:33 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Default Club Permit Cobras

Hi all, my first post.

I am a long time Cobra admirer and am now finally thinking of purchasing one! I have decided after speaking to many people about playing with cars in general, that I simply do not have enough time to go for a Kit and that I will need to have a turnkey car built or buy a already completed car. A kit sounds like a lot of fun, but also a big commitment. I guess there will be many conversations to be had before any decision is made. What initially seemed like a simple to dcecision to "just get one" is now so complex!!!!

I reside in Victoria and have recently learned of the new 45/90 day club permit system. It sounds like exactly what I would be looking for. I have been told that working side pipes, carby engines lack of headrests high mount stop lights etc etc would be legal under this scheme because the car is a replica of the orginal 1960's car? Does this sound correct? I am looking for a car that has as many period correct details as possible and the club permit scheme seems like it would cater for this. What about Left Hand Drive? Im sure many people would always choose RHD if possible, but a LHD car would again be more authentic and be a more unique car in this country. But would it be allowed?

I really just want as many opions as possible before jumping in at the deep end as they say.

regards,

zolt.