View Single Post
Old 03-16-2011, 11:23 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Kellison Stallion 468 FE
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry Clayton View Post
The Pinto/Mustang II front ends are not exactly high performance handling front suspension systems so with/without sway bars probably doesn't add a lot to the handling of the car. However they are noted for anti dive in braking and pretty well bumpsteer free if mounted close to stock levels/lengths of control arms

wow didn't realize we were criticizing every ones front end, thought the thread was a simple question of who was running a sway bar, i am simply not running a sway bar and its rather pertinent what front end i have being the originator of the thread is going from a MG type suspension. since i obviously have a substandard suspension compared to the MG or the race proven(cough !!) jaguar suspension. i guess the whole street rod and performance market is simply wrong to be using mustang II...

by the way...we are building replica's.......we are driving them on the street. the 1950's frame technology on our vehicles certainly will not be overshadowed by a mustang suspension or the MG type. before you over reach either suspensions capabilities your frame will be twisting....

ok my rant is over....