View Single Post
Old 03-16-2011, 02:03 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Everett Morrison, All aluminum small block ford.
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry Clayton View Post
The Pinto/Mustang II front ends are not exactly high performance handling front suspension systems so with/without sway bars probably doesn't add a lot to the handling of the car. However they are noted for anti dive in braking and pretty well bumpsteer free if mounted close to stock levels/lengths of control arms
Only with the proper springs. Put a light spring in the front and that thing will dive like crazy without a sway bar.

I think alot of guys over look that fact early on. They blame the lack of of a sway bar on the front end diving down....not the light springs.

I am going to run a MustangII on my EM, no sway bar and I ordered 600# springs for it. I dont plan on racing it other than a little street racing..(shhhh). There is alot more to setting up a front end than just a sway bar and springs. Like Jerry said...if your corner weights arent right your gonna have problems no matter what you do.

Donunder, try it without and make a few spring changes. Alot of guys run them on hotrods without sway bars.

Just my 2 cents worth.