View Single Post
Old 03-16-2011, 09:37 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Cobra Auto Works body, Ron Godell Racecars chassis, 1989 Mustang GT 5.0 HO (converted to carb), W/C T-5, 3.73's in a Ford 9" Traction-Loc.
Not Ranked     
Default Anyone have Finish Line Over-riders?

I want to buy some over-riders for my Cobra...it already has the rear "bumper" assembly, but not the vertical part you see here:

http://www.finishlineaccessories.com...products_id=84

I have the over-riders on the front bumper, but not on the rear. The description says "Open back". Well, I know there must be some sort of bracket or panel back there through which the bolts that hold them to the rear bumper will pass, but the young gentleman to whom I spoke denied that there is any sort of bracket or plate back there....and then proceeded to give me the center to center dimension for the two bolts. The gentleman also said "Well, that's not going to happen" when I asked for him to email me a photo of the back of the over-rider.....not exactly great customer service.

Has anyone ordered their over-riders from Finish Line? If so, is it possible that someone might have a photo of the back of theirs they can share here on the forum, along with a depth measurement on the distance between the back of the "bolt bracket" and the inside of the over-rider? I just want to make sure I'll be able to bolt them on my Cobra....I suspect Finish Line would take them back if they won't fit, I just don't want to have to spend all that money for the shipping both ways.

Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated, folks!

Cheers from Doug!

No names were changed to protect the innocent!