View Single Post
Old 03-17-2011, 05:07 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: RMC under re-construction, GenIV with tremec 600, Jag 3.31 L/S diff
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by just dreamin View Post
Talk talk talk. So much energy expended, no wonder I dont get on here much. I just rang George at Python cars and asked a few questions. The groups name has changed, (too long/complex) It would like to go national if people will offer involvement and representation of their relevant state. He felt their submission to the EPA Vic was "we will let you know" and invited contact via email info@pythonchopper.com So now all we need to do is run it thru the various state orgs, elect state reps, dither about the costs and who will pay what, and we have a national lobby group. Then the challenge will be what do we do next? Which direction should we take? Who will be in charge and who will do the work?
And whilst we all wish George and his new organization all the best to achieve their objective, I can't but help think what an opportunity we missed in 2006.

We already had John Staszynski as a National Organizer, a co-ordinator in Queensland, and the Qld. State Rego authority willing to chat. A few $'s for air fares to bring John to Queensland occasionally and we may be 5 years closer to a solution.

Anyways, that's past history but I have posed the question as to what should we, as a gathering of Cobraphiles, be doing now to address the issue.

Should we simply give George an expression of support and hope his organization comes good?. Should we as a group become more pro-active now that it appears John's fears are being realized?. I don't know but the only suggestions so far has comes from Craig White and Merv.

Or do we simply do what we did in 2006 and wait until whats happening currently in NSW spreads to other states?.

Last edited by Rebel1; 03-17-2011 at 06:20 AM..