View Single Post
Old 01-27-2002, 06:00 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Unhappy problems, problems, problems

Wonder why a mechanic would recommend against aluminum rockers? Metal fatigue? There probably isn't that much difference between steel and aluminum performance wise on the street. If you're only going to rev 6-6,500 you probably can't tell the difference.
But on another matter, ever try to deal with Lunati? Cam and rollers came in ok, no problem. But the springs.....first I ordered the springs, retainers, etc. from Lunati so everything in the valvetrain would match. Tried the springs and they were the beehive design. Didn't fit, keepers and locks didn't fit-took it all back. Lunati says they don't make beehive springs. My dealer double checks the part nos.-Crane springs! What the heck are Crane springs doing in a Lunati box? Send the whole mess back. This time I got the correct springs but no cups and not enough locks. Reorder again. Oh, forgot to get shims. Rocker arms come in and there are no lock nuts in the kit. Doesn't everyone send locknuts with their rockers? Not Lunati-reorder again. Going on 6 weeks now! By the way, my dealer says they do most of their business with Comp. Cams. I can't imagine why?
Hope the rest of this build goes better than the valve springs.

h dog